Just before you start downloading a chat app, here are some important questions you need to ask:
1. Can this app let me do video and voice chat?
2. Will I be able to use it on my desktop?
3. Is it going to be bombarded with crazy annoying ads?
4. Does the app have a "create group chat" feature?
5. Can I send and receive files with the app?
6. Are my chats secure and private?
7. Is the app paid or free?
With these in mind, here are the best chat apps for Android and iOS in 2022.
1. WhatsApp – With The Most Users Throughout the World
- WhatsApp offers free texts and calls, with no charges whatsoever.
- No invasion of privacy due to end-to-end encryption
- Delete texts and media; no more regrets
- One-time login without constant use of a password or username
- Vast sharing features for all file types, including links and location etc.
- Variety of emoticons and emojis for chats
- Free voice calls and video calls.
- WhatsApp is very popular in Brazil and India. Except for China, a wide range of Asian countries use WhatsApp in their numbers. In 2014, Facebook bought WhatsApp.
By: WhatsApp Inc.
2. Facebook Messenger – Used More By Americans
- Chat using calls, video, and recorded voice messages without losing the quality of the experience.
- React to comments; makes conversations interesting
- You can chat with businesses that have a Facebook page. In 2019, it is most companies.
- One integrated app for SMS and messenger
- Play games with friends.
- Great appearance option for dark theme mode lovers
- Facebook Messenger has over 1 billion downloads
3. Skype – Great for Calling Landlines
- On the free version, you can speak with up to 25 people simultaneously on a conference call.
- It has a paid version with premium options.
- Supported Platforms Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux
- Popular in… Iceland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova
- Voice Chat Yes
- Video Chat Yes
- Group Chat Yes
- End-to-End Encryption Yes
- Send/Accept Files Yes
4. Snapchat – Loads of Fun Filters
- Conversations through pictures and captions only. The first of its kind.
- Live messaging with friends.
- Variety of filters and fun emojis to choose from.
By: Snap Inc
5. Viber – Widely Used Across Eastern Europe
- Fully sync with your desktop and tablet.
- Group chats, voice calls, and video calls.
- Messages can easily be deleted so that no one can read them.
- You can get a whole lot of emojis, stickers, and GIFs.
- Viber has over 500 million downloads and is steadily growing stronger every day.
By: Viber Media S.à r.l.
6. WeChat – The Most Popular in China
- Create huge groups on WeChat with over 500 members.
- Free audio and video calls on the app.
- Share your current location, images, and videos. You can also post stories.
- Huge selection of stickers.
- As the only app with TRUSTe’s certification, they provide great consumer data privacy
- WeChat was released in 2011 and by 2018, it had grown to be one of the largest messaging apps in the world with a very active monthly user base.
7. Line – A Wide Range of Features
- Autosync with your desktop and tablet
- You can create polls and surveys
- Free voice and video calls.
- Customized pop-culture character stickers
- Play games with your friends.
- Over 500 million downloads globally, largely based in Japan.
By: LINE Corporation
IMO’s superb video call quality is a well-known feature even though the app still provides for text messaging. The user base in Turkmenistan is huge.
- Video and voice calls are of superb quality, both on IOS and Android devices.
- Make extensive video and voice calls and send messages without charges.
- Multiple-contacts video calls as well as image and video sharing
- Hundreds of free stickers for your use.
- One of the things IMO has successfully achieved is creating a niche-based system for users.
By: IMO. im
9. Telegram: The Ad-Free Chat App
- Automatic synching-in feature
- Ensure security of chats with self-destruction and secret chat features
- Easy sharing of images and videos
- Can admit 200,000 users on one group chat
- Embedded editing tools for photos and videos
- Lively and engaging emojis and stickers
- Telegram has over 100 million downloads on the app store and, in my opinion, is underrated when you think about the variety of features it offers. It is both safe and powerful!
By: Telegram FZ-LLC
- Group chats
- Secure and anonymity
- Find people with similar interests.
- Over 100million downloads since 2010 launch date
By: Kik Interactive
Frankly, instant messaging via messaging apps don’t seem to be going out of vogue anytime soon as they represent the hallmark of communication. Now it’s your turn to speak! Let us know which of these apps are your favourite.
We are committed to developing effective content and strategies for corporate brands who want to shine their business in the online world.
Feb 08, 2022