Have you ever been in a situation where you ordered something online and you wish so badly that you can cancel it? Well I have, it can be very disheartening ordering something you regret and that is why I am going to show you how you can cancel and order on eBay as a buyer or even as a seller.
Before we go much farther, we'd like to acknowledge the work's creator. The Watchtower, a leading SEO company in the UK, website design agency, and mobile app development company in the UK, enjoys educating its readers on practical ways to change their everyday lives.
How to cancel an order as a seller
1. Log into your eBay account.
2. Click on my eBay. This will take you to the eBay Seller Hub.
3. In the tab called: Orders, you will see in the list that goes down the option called: All orders. There you will see the list of all your orders.
4. Find the order you want to cancel, click on the list of options that go down. Click on the option called: Cancel order.
5. This will take you to the cancellation page. Click where it says: Why do you want to cancel this order? In this list, you will have to choose the reason for the cancellation. Then click on the button called: Cancel order.
6. Do not forget to return the money to your client. Usually, eBay will give you that option in the next step. Depending on your payment system, eBay will tell you how you can make this return.
How to cancel an order on eBay as a buyer
1. Log in to the eBay website, I recommend doing it as soon as possible as there are sellers who dispatch their orders as soon as they are received.
2. Open the "Purchase History" section of "My eBay"
3. Find the order you want to cancel.
4. Click on the link "More actions"
5. Select "Order to cancel the order" or "Cancel item"
6. Click on: "Contact the seller"
Now, wait for the seller to answer you. The seller has 48 hours to accept this cancellation. Do not forget to keep an eye on your PayPal account or credit card to confirm that this seller returns your money.
If a buyer contacted you and asked you to cancel the order, this buyer will need to submit a formal cancellation request on their order. Once you receive that cancellation request, you will have three days to approve or reject it. If you approve and the buyer has already paid for the item, you will have ten days to refund.
For those buyers who have paid for their order via PayPay, you will have to enter their PayPal account and return their money to their account. If the refund is not made within ten days, the buyer can file a claim through eBay's money-back guarantee. eBay will ask you before finishing the refund process about the money back to the buyer.
I recommend that you do both as soon as possible. When a buyer cancels a transaction they cannot leave negative or neutral feedback or low detailed seller ratings for you. Still, we must treat that customer with excellent service.
"One important thing to keep in mind is that when you cancel an order as a seller without receiving a request from a buyer, it affects our transaction default rate or our internal eBay ratings."
This is what eBay says:
However, it can be considered a transaction defect and could affect your level of performance as a seller. A cancellation requested by the buyer does not affect the performance of your seller. You can cancel a transaction up to 30 days after the sale, even if the buyer has already paid.
There are situations when you cannot cancel a sale:
1. You have already sent the item
2. The buyer has asked eBay to step in and help because they did not receive the item.
3. You have already placed one of an order that the buyer has not paid for.
We hope you enjoyed reading it and learned everything you wanted to know since that is our main objective. The Watchtower, a leading SEO, Website Design, and Mobile App Development Agency in the UK, loves educating their customers on everyday tasks that can assist and educate them in the field of technology.
May 23, 2021