It is common knowledge that websites identify H-1B sponsored corporations. This information is available since the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues all H-1B visas and keeps track of where these visa holders work.
Employers or corporations can use an H-1B visa sponsorship to hire overseas graduates to work in the United States. To be eligible for an H-1B visa sponsorship, these graduates must be certified in particular subjects. "Will this employer sponsor my H-1B visa when my F-1 OPT period expires?" As they reach the end of their studies, every international master's student asks themselves this question. And this is the question I am going to be answering to get you assured.
This is especially true for MBA and other business school grads, who are only allowed to work for 12 months on their F-1 OPT extension. After that, it's either an H-1B visa or a return to your own country. In addition to H-1B visas for MBA grads, there are additional visa classes available,
particularly for those with an entrepreneurial spirit, but this isn't always the most obvious option when you're also repaying foreign student debts.
STEM graduates are confronted with the same conundrum, although they may not feel the same level of pressure at first. They'll have up to 36 months in the US on the OPT STEM extension, giving them more time to settle here.
Top ten organizations who frequently sponsor H-1B visas in the UK 2022
3. Tata Consultancy Services
8. HCL America
Aside from the top ten, here are a few other companies that sponsor H1-B visas:
3. Tech Mahindra
Criteria needed to be eligible for an H-1B visa
To be eligible to apply for an H-1B visa, candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. To demonstrate their expertise in the specialized field, they must hold a certificate of a US bachelor's degree or its international equivalent.
2. The position for which they are seeking must be on the list of "speciality vocations" that need specialized and distinctive expertise.
3. There's a lot more to it than just looking at the top ten H-1B visa sponsors and firms employing overseas grads. You want a job that checks more boxes than merely H-1B visa aid, and this article may help you acquire the position that is a perfect fit for you.
Your university is aware of H-1B visa sponsors
You'll notice that your school's jobs department and international student office collaborate closely to help foreign students and graduates locate suitable companies in the United States. They may be able to put you in touch with firms that sponsor H-1B visas. Companies, on the other hand, rely on colleges to find top talent. It's a win-win situation for all parties.
Even if you have an offer from your internship firm or expect to return to the company that helped support your degree, it's worth looking out what the jobs department has to offer and determining which organizations frequently sponsor H-1B visas.
H-1B visa sponsorship for overseas students: Top job-search suggestions from universities
1. Before commencing your master's degree studies, contact your school's career services and inquire about their expertise in assisting overseas graduates in finding jobs in the United States. There will be some emphasis on F-1 OPT, but they can point you in the direction of firms that also sponsor H-1B visas.
2. Most colleges urge that you spend time in their career centre and meet with their counsellors. Carnegie Mellon University Heinz College, for example, recommends speaking with one of their Career Advisors and finding a mentor within the institution.
3. Large firms, such as Amazon, Dell, and McKinsey, have developed graduate degree hiring programs from premier universities around the United States. Every year, they hire hundreds of overseas graduates and will sponsor H-1B visas for excellent individuals.
Above all, remember to contact your school's career and international offices - even if you believe it's too late in the process or you're already on OPT - to learn about firms that recruit OPT students.
Jan 15, 2022