If you are from the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA), or Switzerland, you must have the authorization to live in the UK.
The EEA includes EU member states as well as Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.
Your possibilities for remaining in the UK are dependent on your circumstances.
Most persons have until June 30, 2021, to apply for pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme. If you are in one of the following situations, you may still be eligible to apply:
1. You began living in the UK by 31 December 2020 and require a late application
2. Your family member has pre-settled or settled status and you wish to join them in the UK
3. You have a biometric residence permit or visa that is valid
You can only stay in the UK as a visitor for up to 6 months if you are not in any of these conditions. You will require work, study, or a family visa if you wish to live in the UK. GOV. The UK allows you to check if you are eligible for a visa.
You do not need permission to stay in the UK if you are a British or Irish citizen. If you have non-British or Irish family members, you may find out if they can stay in the UK.
If you apply for the EU Settlement Scheme by June 30, 2021
You can stay in the UK if you already hold pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
If you moved to the UK before December 31, 2020
You must first verify whether you have a biometric resident permit or visa if you have not yet applied to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Whether you do not have a biometric residence permit or visa, you should see if you may apply for pre-settled or settled status late. You must apply for pre-settled or settled status if you hold a valid biometric residence permit or visa before your leave expires. This is not considered a late application.
If you moved to the UK after December 31, 2020
If you have a family member in the UK with pre-settled or settled status, you may be eligible to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme to join them.
You may only apply to join your family member if you hold the following documents:
- A family permit under the EEA or EU Settlement Scheme - you must apply within three months of arriving in the UK.
- A valid visa - such as work, study, or family visa
You will not have one of these papers if you come to the UK as a guest. You'll have to leave the UK and apply from somewhere else. Learn more about applying to the EU Settlement Scheme from outside the United Kingdom.
You cannot apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you are not qualified to apply as a joining family member. You will require work, study, or a family visa if you wish to live in the UK.
Making an application to the EU Settlement Scheme after the deadline has passed. Your rights in the UK have altered if you did not apply to the EU Settlement Scheme before 30 June 2021. If you can submit a late application, you should do so as quickly as possible.
Check if you are eligible to apply
If you were unable to apply on time for practice or 'compassionate' reasons, you may submit a late application to the EU Settlement Scheme. It will be helpful if you have proof to demonstrate why you were unable to apply on time.
You could have a good reason if you:
1. Can't communicate in English or use the internet, are homeless, handicapped, or require additional assistance
2. Has been in the UK for a long time but were unaware that you needed to apply - for example, if you have permanent residence but are in jail and lack access to counsel or paperwork
3. If, for instance, you could not get the requisite proof on time owing to coronavirus, you might also submit a late application.
If you need a new passport or national identity card, you can still apply late. You'll need to do the following:
1. Get a letter from your embassy confirming your application for a new passport or identification card
2. Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme on paper
About The Watchtower UK
The Watchtower is an award-winning web design company in London UK and a web development company in London UK based on credibility and service. You can be sure that you have nothing to worry about regarding Search Engine Optimization (SEO) agency London UK, Pay Per Click (PPC), Digital marketing, mobile app development, Web development, website, Web design, and everything else that could put your business and website out there.
Aug 22, 2021